The history of our farm is older than that of the Castle Greinburg. The walls of our house stand on a hill near Grein since the 12th century. It was a farmstead of the castle Werfenstein (1234
first mention on a document)
● 1488:Emperor Friedrich sold the castle Werfenstein to the
brothers Prüschenk; In the same year they built the Greinburg
● since 1533: Greinburg; the
subjects of the castle Werfenstein became subjects of the Greinburg (until 1848)
● before 1529: the
farmstead was closed down; first owner of the Schacherhof: Hans am Schacherhof
● since 1804: family owned
● 1848: first self-employed farmer Johann Baptist Geirhofer; since
the existence of the farm in the 13th century the people at the Schacherhof live off their land. There were good and bad times.
● 2010: in one part of the farm we build 3 holiday apartments.